Misericordia University ABSN Tuition
The cost of our ABSN program is $1,166 per credit hour, with 54 nursing major credit hours required to complete the program. When budgeting for ABSN tuition, you should also factor other program-related fees such as the cost to complete prerequisite courses.
- Tuition, ABSN students, per credit hour: $1,166
- Tuition, prerequisite and general education courses per credit hour:
- $425 for the 2018-2019 Academic year
- $430 for the 2019-2020 Academic year
- Nursing Fee, $502 per semester
Costs per student may vary depending on prerequisite courses needed. Please contact an admissions counselor to discuss program costs.
Tuition Based Expenses
Examples of some items that are tuition based are National Student Nurses Association, the vertical screening company, CPR certification and recertification, KAPLAN developmental testing, laboratory fees, Discovering HIPAA Online Series, liability insurance, simulation fee, clinical supplies, nursing pin fee, nursing ceremony fee and poster fee.
In addition to tuition and fees, expenses that the nursing major student may incur are: uniforms, NCLEX examination fee, temporary practice permit fee, field trip expenses, health examination fees, 10 panel urine toxicology screen, and criminal background checks.
Financial Aid and FAFSA Advice
To determine your eligibility for federal funding to help cover your costs you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov. Misericordia’s FAFSA code is 324700. The University uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all Federal and Institutional aid and loan programs.
To be eligible for financial aid consideration you must:
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA,
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number,
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at the University. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits per term or 4.5 graduate or doctoral credits per term,
- Be registered with the Selective Service, if you are a male 18 to 25 years of age, (www.sss.gov to register)
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan,
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree,
- Show you’re qualified to obtain a post-secondary education.
Once you have completed the FAFSA, if you have any questions regarding financial aid eligibility, please contact Financial Aid Counselor Deborah Cragle at 570-674-6313 or email@example.com.
If you qualify for our program and want to learn more about paying for nursing school, please contact an admissions counselor.