Misericordia University ABSN Tuition
The cost of our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is $1,166 per credit hour, with 54 nursing major credit hours required to complete the program. When budgeting for ABSN tuition, you should also factor other program-related fees, such as the cost of completing prerequisite courses.
- Tuition for ABSN students per credit hour: $1,166 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Tuition for prerequisite and general education courses per credit hour: $430 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- General fee for prerequisite and general education courses per credit hour: $30 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Nursing fee: $934 per semester.
Costs per student may vary depending on the prerequisite courses needed. Please contact an admissions counselor to discuss program costs.
Special Scholarship Offer
Students beginning the Misericordia University ABSN program in 2023 (all semesters) will automatically receive a $10,000 scholarship upon admission, to be distributed over the course of the four semesters spent in the program. Please contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about this opportunity, as well as alternative funding options for individuals starting outside of these two semesters.
Examples of some expenses that are tuition-based include National Student Nurses Association dues, vertical health screening fees, CPR certification and recertification costs, KAPLAN developmental testing fees, laboratory fees, Discovering HIPAA Training Series costs, liability insurance, simulation fee, clinical supplies, nursing pin fee, nursing ceremony fee, and poster fee.
In addition to tuition and fees, special expenses that a nursing student may incur include expenses for uniforms, the NCLEX examination, a temporary practice permit, field trip expenses, a health examination, a 10-panel urine toxicology screen, and criminal background checks.
Financial Aid and FAFSA Advice
To determine your eligibility for federal funding to help cover your costs, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Misericordia University’s FAFSA code is 324700. Misericordia uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all federal and institutional aid and loan programs.
To be eligible for financial aid consideration, you must:
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the FAFSA.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at Misericordia. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits per term or 4.5 graduate or doctoral credits per term.
- Be registered with the Selective Service if you are a male between 18 and 25 years of age (visit www.sss.gov to register).
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree.
- Show you’re qualified to obtain a post-secondary education.
Once you have completed the FAFSA, if you have any questions regarding financial aid eligibility, please contact Financial Aid Counselor Deborah Cragle at 570.674.6313 or [email protected]
Join Our Program
If you qualify for our program and want to learn more about paying for nursing school, please contact an admissions counselor.