Misericordia University ABSN Tuition
The cost of our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is $1,166 per credit hour, with 54 nursing major credit hours required to complete the program. When budgeting for ABSN tuition, you should also factor other program-related fees, such as the cost of completing prerequisite courses.
Tuition and Fees Breakdown
- Tuition for ABSN students per credit hour: $1,166 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Semester 1: 11 credits
- Semester 2: 16 credits
- Semester 3: 13 credits
- Semester 4: 14 credits
- Tuition for prerequisite and general education courses per credit hour: $460 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- General fee for prerequisite and general education courses per credit hour: $35 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Prereq lab fee for BIO, CHM, PHY: $140 per class for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Nursing fee: $945 per semester.
Costs per student may vary depending on the prerequisite courses needed. Please contact an admissions counselor to discuss program costs.
Special Scholarship Offer
Students beginning the Misericordia University ABSN program in the Spring of 2024 will automatically receive a $10,000 scholarship upon admission, to be distributed over the course of the four semesters spent in the program. The scholarship will be paid each semester after the ninth week of class. Please contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about this opportunity, as well as alternative funding options for individuals starting outside of these two semesters.
In addition to tuition and fees, special expenses that a nursing student may incur include expenses for uniforms, the NCLEX examination, a temporary practice permit, a health examination, a 10-panel urine toxicology screen, and criminal background checks.
Financial Aid and FAFSA Advice
The ABSN program is an undergraduate program. To determine your eligibility for federal funding to help cover your costs you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at http://www.studentaid.gov/. Misericordia’s FAFSA code is 003247. The University uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all federal and institutional aid and loan programs.
To be eligible for financial aid consideration, you must:
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the FAFSA.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at the University. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits per term.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree.
- Show you’re qualified to obtain a post-secondary education.
Once you have completed the FAFSA, if you have any questions regarding financial aid eligibility, please contact Financial Aid Counselor Nicole Schreffler at 570.674.3022 or [email protected].
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Join Our Program
If you qualify for our program and want to learn more about paying for nursing school, please contact an admissions counselor.